Rwanda’s foreign policy hinges on two major pillars:
- The first one being to contribute to attainment of peace, security and stability in Rwanda, the regions, the continent and globally by establishing and maintaining good relations with all countries.
- The second pillar is to contribute to wealth creation through development cooperation, investment and tourism promotion, transfer of knowledge and technology, equitable world trade and regional integration.
Rwanda’s foreign policy is inspired by the following values and principles:
- Promotion and protection of the country’s independence and sovereignty;
- Mutual respect between states;
- Equality and complementality of sovereign interests;
- Search for solutions to national problems especially developmental problems;
- Cooperation with other countries in the elaboration and respect of international law;